Bourbon whiskey cocktail can be an excellent introduction to the whisky world for newcomers. A well-balanced cocktail can demonstrate the spirit’s variety and complexity to individuals who may have been put off by the intensity and overpowering flavors of some whiskies, and it can even expose new characteristics of the drink to seasoned drammers.
These seven simple serves should allow bourbon whiskey cocktail aficionados and whiskey explorers to explore the possibilities of this unique spirit.
Bourbon Mojito Cocktail
Cocktail with Bourbon Mojito
This cocktail is a terrific way to get your pals into bourbon, whether they’re new to it or seasoned veterans. It’s also a terrific way to change up the basic mojito and add some zing to it!
The Bourbon Mojito is a refined and delightful cocktail made with your favorite bourbon and the tastes of fresh mint, lime juice, and simple syrup.
It’s ideal for a hot summer day or a night at home with friends.
- Buffalo Trace Bourbon 50ml
- 5 milliliters of lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 60 mL of soda water
- Mint leaves, fresh
- In a large glass, muddle the fresh mint, sugar, and lime.
- Fill with ice
- Then pour bourbon and soda water.
Whisky Smash Bourbon whiskey cocktail
Cocktail with Whiskey Smash
This cocktail is ideal for people looking to try something new and unusual without getting too fancy. This drink is particularly ideal for individuals who are new to the world of whiskey because it is simple to make and only requires three components.
This traditional cocktail is an excellent introduction to the world of whisky. It’s easy to create and you may use any whiskey you choose. We recommend using bourbon or rye whiskey to give it a more earthy flavor.
- 60ml The One whiskey, a Lakes blend
- 1 lime, sliced into wedges
- One-quarter cup diced cucumber
- 5 fresh mint sprigs
- 100ml limeade (cold) (or lemonade)
- In the bottom of a rocks glass, muddle the lime, cucumber, and mint.
- Fill the tumbler halfway with ice and pour in the whisky.
- Add limeade to taste. Garnish with mint, a wedge of lime, and a cucumber wheel.
Whiskey and apple juice Cocktail
Whiskey and apple juice is a classic beverage that is easy to mix and pleasant to drink. Because it doesn’t have much of a burn, it’s also a fantastic method to introduce non-whiskey drinkers to the spirit.
Shake all of the ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice, then strain into a chilled glass. If desired, garnish with a slice of orange.
- STARWARD Solera 50ml
- Topping with freshly crushed green apples
- An apple fan for decoration
Add Your Heading Text Here
- Shake the alcohol and apple juice together.
- Pour into a tumbler filled with ice.
Highball Bourbon whiskey cocktail
A highball is a simple bourbon whiskey beverage served over ice. The bourbon is combined with soda water or ginger ale to create a light and delicious drink. Highballs can be served without any garnish, however a slice of lemon or lime is usually added.
You’ll need whiskey (we prefer Bulleit Bourbon), club soda or seltzer water (or both), and ice to make this drink. If you want to add more flavor to your cocktail, add some lemon juice.
- Suntory Kakubin whiskey, 40ml
- Lemon soda or sparkling water
- Fill a large glass halfway with ice.
- Cool the whisky by stirring with a spoon.
- Pour in the soda and stir.
- Garnish with lemon slices.
Smoky Sour Cocktail
This drink is one of our favorites since it’s one of the best ways to try bourbon without getting overwhelmed by it. It’s smoky, tangy, and sweet, the ideal pairing for a warm night with friends.
Shake all the ingredients in a shaker with ice. Strain into an ice-filled glass and garnish with fresh mint leaves, if preferred.
- The Famous Grouse Smoky Black 50ml
- 25ml lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 12.5ml simple syrup
- A quarter of an egg white (optional)
- 2 teaspoons aromatic bitters
- In a shaker with ice, combine the ingredients.
- 10-12 seconds of intense shaking
- Pour into a large tumbler.
- Garnish with a lemon twist.
Brown Derby Cocktail
The Brown Derby cocktail is a classic cocktail from the early twentieth century. It has bourbon, vermouth, and orange juice in it.
In a shaker, combine 2 ounces of bourbon and 1 ounce of vermouth. Shake with ice and strain into a glass. Then whisk in 4 ounces of orange juice.
- Wild Turkey 81 Bourbon 45ml
- 30 mL grapefruit juice
- Honey 7.5ml
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- Shake all of the ingredients together with ice.
- Pour into a coupe glass.
Silver 75 Bourbon whiskey cocktails
You’ll need gin (we prefer Hendrick’s), orange juice, lemon juice (we like Meyer lemons), sugar syrup (1 part sugar dissolved in 1 part hot water), mint leaves (we like spearmint), and an ice pick or muddler to make this cocktail at home.
To begin, fill your shaker tin halfway with gin. Then pour in the orange juice, lemon juice, and sugar syrup. Finally, add your mint leaves to the tin and vigorously shake for around 20 seconds. Pour into a chilled cocktail glass filled with crushed ice and garnish with additional mint leaves if preferred!
- Buffalo Trace 17ml
- 14ml pure syrup
- Lemon juice 14ml
- White sparkling wine
- Lemon peel with cherries
- In a tin, combine the bourbon, lemon, and simple syrup and lightly shake.
- Pour into a chilled glass.
- Finish with sparkling wine
- Insert a cherry, then twist and insert the lemon peel.